Ordinary people who have come to a saving faith in Jesus Christ. Some of our members are nurses, carers, doctors, council workers and sales people etc. As far as age is concerned, some have school-aged children and some are retired. What we share in common is a personal faith in Jesus, believing that he died to bring us forgiveness and peace with God. We love to share this message with everyone but especially our local community and we also enjoy being linked to many other churches in Dundee.
The church has been in the Dens Road and Hillbank area for a long time – well over 80 years – and our main activities include sharing the message of God’s forgiveness through Jesus to all ages and helping people to understand the Bible and God’s plan for our way of life. Our activities range from football to our Communion Service. We run young people’s camps and holiday clubs as well as reach out to residential homes in our area and we have special events such as Quiz Nights and topical seminars each October.
Our heart is to be a Bible-based, gospel-centred church that seeks to glorify God and love others.
We assure you that you will be given a very warm and friendly welcome at Hillbank.
We believe that…
- God is the creator of everything
- The Bible is God’s revealed Word and He speaks to us through it
- God exists as Father, Son and Holy Spirit (The Trinity)
- Jesus Christ, the Son of God, became man and after dying to pay the price for our sins, was resurrected from the dead
- Our sins have separated us from God
- Our sins can only be forgiven by repentance, confessing them to God and believing in Jesus as Lord.
- This is possible because Jesus died for our sins on the cross
- We practice baptism by full immersion in water as a symbolic act of entering a new life of faith in Jesus, signifying his and our resurrection.
- One of our defining services is an open service of reverent worship every week during which we take communion together as Jesus instructed.